When you set up your new Mac computer for the first time, Safari is the default web browser. Safari is the most commonly used web browser among Apple devices users. But, all the Apple gadgets allow you to use other browsers as well. So, when you install some different browsers on your Mac computer, it automatically becomes your default web browser. It might be fine for some people. But, not all users prefer to use other browsers all the time. After some time, they prefer coming back to Safari. You can easily set other browsers as a default web browser on any of your Apple devices. But, here, the main topic is to make Safari as a default web browser on a Mac computer. Many Mac users don’t know the procedure to set Safari as a default browser. And this article is for those users.
Do you also own a Mac? Want to make Safari as your default browser but don’t know how to do it? If yes, then we have got you covered. Now you don’t have to go anywhere. Here, you will get to know the ways through which you can set Safari as a default browser on a Mac computer. In this article, we have mentioned the procedures to do that. So, go and keep reading the article.
The Methods to Set Safari as a Default Browser on a Mac
There are multiple ways that you can follow to set Safari as a default web browser on your Mac computer. The procedures are easy and include some simple steps that you can easily follow. Here, we have mentioned the two different methods that you can apply. So, here’s how the procedures work. Let’s start with the first method.
Method 1: Setting the Default Browser on a Mac Computer through the System Preferences
- To begin with this method, firstly, turn on your Mac computer and then go to the Apple menu that you can see located in the top left corner of your screen.
- And now, click on the option of “System Preferences”.
- After reaching the next screen, go to the “General” tab.
- And now, click on the “Default web browser” drop-down menu, and from there, choose the option of “Safari” to make it as your Default web browser. And that’s it. This way, you can change your default web browser at any time on your Mac.
Method 2: Changing the Default Web Browser on a Mac from the Browser’s Settings
- According to this method, firstly, you will need to launch the Safari browser on your Mac.
- And now, go to the browser’s menu and then select the option of “Preferences”.
- After this, select the “General” tab and click on the “Set as Default” option.
- Click on the option “Use Safari” to confirm the changes.
So, these were the two most straightforward methods to set Safari as a default browser on a Mac computer. Try any of these methods and let us know if you face any issues. And for more information like this, please stay connected to us and visit our website.
Source:- How To Set Safari as a Default Web Browser on a Mac