Out of all the installed programs and applications on your computer system, how many of them do you use regularly. We all have some applications installed on our devices that we don’t use regularly. If they are of no use, what’s the point of keeping those programs and apps on our devices. So, it’s best to uninstall such apps from our gadgets to free up some space. Although uninstalling any apps or softwares on Windows 10 computer or laptop is one of the most common and easy tasks. But, if you have just started using Windows 10 operating system, then you might not be aware of the process to do so. Windows 10 operating system provides you with various ways to uninstall any application or program from your computer system. Earlier, in the older version of Windows, removing any application was not a straightforward task.
But now, any of the Windows 10 users can easily uninstall any apps from their computer system. Are you also a Windows 10 user and want to uninstall any apps from your computer but don’t know the way? If that is the exact case, then now you don’t need to go anywhere else to search for the method. The following article will let you know how you can remove any apps from your Windows 10 computer system. So, to get the techniques, please go through the complete article.
The Process for Uninstalling Apps on Windows 10
There can be several reasons why you want to uninstall an application from your computer system. But the Windows 10 operating system offers you the most simple and easiest ways through which you can remove any apps and programs from your computer. And here, we have mentioned three different and convenient methods for this purpose. So, if you have installed an app on your Windows 10 computer or laptop that you don’t need anymore, here’s how you can remove such apps:
Also, you need to note that you cannot uninstall the built-in apps using these methods. For that, you can use tools like Windows Powershell. You can check out the related articles by visiting our website. Now, let’s have a look at the below-mentioned procedures:
The Steps for Uninstalling an Application through the Start Menu
This is the easiest method for performing this task. Here’s how you can uninstall an application using the Start menu:
- According to this method, first of all, you will have to navigate to the Start button.
- After clicking on the Start button, now search for the app that you want to uninstall. And after you find the app, right-click on its icon and then select the option of “Uninstall.”
- Now, a dialogue box will appear on your screen with a message stating, “This app and its related info will be removed from your system.” Here, you will have to click on the “Uninstall” button. And that’s it.
Using the Control Panel Tool to Uninstall any App
Here comes another quick and straightforward method for removing any app from Windows 10 computers. Here’s how to uninstall any app using the Control Panel tool on Windows 10:
- To remove any app on Windows 10 according to this method, firstly, go to the Start Menu and then click on the search box and type “Control.”
- And after this, you will need to click on the “Control Panel” icon.
- Now, under the “Programs” section, select the option of “Uninstall a Program.”
- And then, you will be able to see a “Program and Features” window appearing on your screen. And here, you can see a long list of the installed applications. If you want, you can also sort the applications by name, publisher, date of installation, and size. Now, locate the app that you want to uninstall and then right-click on it. At last, select the option of “Uninstall.”
The Steps for Uninstalling an App Using the System’s Settings
This is another technique that you can try for uninstalling any apps on your Windows 10 computer. Here’s how this method works:
- First of all, you will have to open the Settings on your computer system. You can do so by clicking on the Start menu and then click on the “Settings” icon. Alternatively, for launching Settings, you can also use a keyboard shortcut that is “Windows + I.”
- After reaching the Settings section, you will need to click on the “Apps” option. You will now be provided with a list of the apps that you have installed on your computer system.
- Locate the program that you are going to uninstall and then click on it.
- At last, click on the “Uninstall” button to start the uninstallation process. And that’s all.
So, this way, any of the Windows 10 users can uninstall any apps and programs on their computer system. You can also try any of these procedures. And that’s all for now. Please stay tuned with us to keep getting daily updates.
Source:- Tips and Tricks to Uninstall an Application on Windows 10