Are you a Windows 10 user and want to disable the touch screen mode on your Windows laptop? Don’t know the way to turn off the mode? Nowadays, nearly all of the modern devices come with touch screen functionality. The touch screen functionality can be very handy and convenient as it enables us to perform various tasks with just a single tap. And Windows10 operating system also supports the touch screen mode. Any of the Windows 10 users can easily enable the touch screen mode on their Windows laptops and other devices. But what if you want to disable the mode? How can you do that? There can be many reasons you want to disable the touch screen functionality on your Windows 10 device. But the following article aims to provide you with the method you can apply to turn off the touch screen mode on your Windows 10 laptop.
Do you want to get the technique for disabling the touch screen mode on your Windows 10 device? If yes, then please read this complete post to proceed with the task.
The Procedures to Disable the Touch Screen Mode on Windows 10
Any Windows 10 user can quickly disable the touch screen feature on their Windows laptops. For this, you will have to go through the Windows settings page. This is a much straightforward task. There are two ways to disable the feature, and here, we have mentioned both the methods. Disabling the touch screen functionality also saves the battery life of your device. So, if you are not comfortable with using the feature, here’s how you can disable it:
Method 1: Disabling the Touch Screen Mode Using the Device Manager on Windows 10
Here is the first method for disabling the touch screen functionality on your Windows 10 device:
- First of all, launch the Device Manager on your Windows 10 laptop using a shortcut key “Windows key + X + M.” Alternatively, you can also do so using the Start menu.
- And after reaching the next screen, click on the arrow that you can see placed next to the option of “Human Interface Devices.”
- And now, from the sub-menu, select the option of “HID-Compliant Touch Screen.”
- And then, navigate to the “Action” tab that you can see at the top of the window.
- Now, a drop-down menu will appear on your screen. Here, you will have to select the option of “Disable Device.”
- Next, you will now see a pop-up warning appearing on your screen, stating, “Disabling this device will stop its functionality. Are you sure you want to disable it?” Here, you will select the “Yes” button. And that’s all.
Method 2: Permanently Disabling the Touch Screen Mode Using the Windows Registry
You can even use the Windows Registry feature to disable the touch screen functionality. Here’s how this method works:
- Here, firstly, you will have to open the Windows Registry Editor tool on your device. You can do so by using the Run command.
- Now, you will need to navigate to the following registry key: “Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Wisp\Touch.”
- And then, go to the right-hand pane and create a new DWORD 32-bit entry and name it as “Touchgate.”
- Set the value of the entry as 0.
- At last, restart your device. And that’s all. Now, the turn screen should stop working. And if you ever want to enable the touch screen functionality, you will have to change the Touchgate value from 0 to 1.
So, you see, these are the two most straightforward methods to disable the touch screen functionality on Windows 10 devices. Try the steps now, and if you face any problems, please visit our website.
Source:- A Guide to Disable Touchscreen in Windows 10