Before you type a long text to send someone through your email, try using bullets for better understanding. In this article, we will discuss how you can use bullet points for readability in emails.
Bullets help people understand written texts very clearly. This is because the text mentioned in the form of points is better understood, and people generally tend to read it better than the one written in a long paragraph. So you should use bullets because people generally skip long paragraphs, but the text written in the form points mentioned with the help of bullets looks more readable; hence you will easily be able to attain the reader’s attention throughout the text.
The benefit of bullet points on your text emails is to let the readers understand what you want to portray.
How to Insert Bullet Points in HTML Email?
You need to follow the below-mentioned steps to make a bulleted list if you generally send texts mails:
- Firstly, go to your mailbox and click on “Compose Mail” and then you need to enter the name of the recipient and the subject. Then type whatever message you want to type as usual.
- From the Toolbar menu, you need to select “Insert Bulleted List.” You can find this option at the top of your compose window, or it might either be at the bottom of the same.
- Click next to the bullet that would appear in the compose window’s message area. Once you click there, type your content and then click on Enter. When you press Enter, the cursor will move to the next line, and a new bullet will get inserted.
- You can continue entering the text in points by adding bullets with the help of the Enter button.
- You can press Enter and then Tab to make a sub-list.
- Once you have added the last bullet point, click on Enter to clear the bullet format.
- You can then continue writing the rest of your text on your email.
- You need to add a blank line before and after the bulleted texts to stand out from the rest of the text.
How to Insert Bullet Points in Plain Text Email?
You need to follow these steps to make a bulleted list with the help of plain text in an email:
- Make sure to start the list in its paragraph. It should be separated from the above section with the help of an empty line.
- You need to use an asterisk followed by a space to denote a new point, and then press Enter to separate every bullet point.
- In case you want to add a sub-list, you can press the Tab button on your keyboard before you enter the asterisk.
So, with the help of the steps as mentioned above, you can insert bullet points in the HTML mail as well as in your plain text to increase the readability of your emails.
Source:- Steps to Use Bullet Points for Readability in Emails