If you use a Mac computer, you can create multiple user accounts on it to make it accessible for the other people. This is an excellent feature for those users who let other people use their computers. If your Mac computer is used by other family members, then you can easily create separate user accounts for them. But, what if you want to delete any user? How can you remove a user from your Mac computer? Well, the reason for deleting any user on your Mac can be anything. Maybe you don’t need that user account, or it may be because of some security proposes. Whatever the reason is, removing any user account on a Mac is pretty straightforward. You can accomplish this task within a few minutes. And it’s completely fine if you do not know the procedure. Now, we are here to guide you.
The following article will let you know the way through which any Mac user can delete any user account on their computer. Here, we have mentioned the full procedure to complete the task. So, go on and read the complete article to have the full details.
The Method to Delete a User on a Mac
The technique to delete a user account on a Mac is quite simple. It is important to manage user accounts on any of your devices to keep your data safe. Well, if you want, you can enable the guest mode on your Mac computer to make it accessible for the other users. The guest mode creates a temporary account for the guest users. You can easily activate the guest mode feature on your Mac computer. So, now, let’s move ahead and see what you need to do to delete any user account on your Mac. Here are the steps:
- To get started with the procedure, firstly, go to the Apple menu and select the option of “System Preferences”.
- Now, after reaching the System Preferences screen, you need to click on the option of “users and Groups”.
- After this, select the “Padlock” icon given in the lower-left corner of your screen.
- Type your password in the given space and then select the “Unlock” button.
- And now, go to the left panel menu and click on the user account that you are going to delete.
- Then, click on the “Minus” icon that you can see in the bottom left corner of your screen.
- And then, you will be provided with three options, including:
“Save the home folder as a disk image”, “Keep the home folder unchanged”, and “Remove the home folder”. Choose any of these options as per your preferences.
- After selecting the appropriate option, lastly, click on the option of “Delete User” to complete the process.
And that’s all. This way, by following the same steps, you can delete any other user accounts as well. And with this, I hope you will find this article helpful. To stay updated, please stay tuned with us and check out our website.
Source:- How To Delete a User on Mac?