Do you live in Austin or Texas? Well, if you do live there, then we have got some good news for you. Google is rolling out a new feature on the Google Maps app for its users in Austin and Texas that will allow them to pay their Parking fee directly from the Google Maps app without leaving the app. Amazing, right?
This new feature is a part of the partnership between Google and Passport, a transportation software company, and will help the drivers in Austin and Texas pay their parking fees without any problem at this time of the Coronavirus pandemic. The new feature is currently rolling out for the people who live in Austin and Texas. However, it is expected that Google will roll out this feature to more areas in a few weeks.
Here’s a step by step guide that you can use to pay your parking fee using the Google Maps app.
How to Pay Your Parking Fee Using the Google Maps App?
Following are the steps that you can follow to pay your parking fee using the Google Maps app:
- Navigate to the app (Google Maps app).
- Now when you reach your desired destination, hit the “Pay for parking” option.
- After that, submit your parking zone number, parking space number, and your vehicle details.
- Next, select the time duration for which you are parking your car.
- Now select the payment method you want to use to pay your parking fee and then click on the “Continue” button. Once the payment is successful, you will receive your receipt on your Google account. Note: if you haven’t configured your Google Pay app, then you will be asked to do it before you can pay your parking fee.
- You have successfully paid your parking fee using the Google Maps app.
Besides this, you can also pay your parking fee on your mobile’s web browser by visiting the following URL: “Pay.google.com/parking” and clicking on the “Pay for parking” option. You can also track and extend your existing parking session from here.
Allowing Google Maps users to pay their parking fees using the Google Maps app is a great move by Google, which will surely make the life of its users a little easier at this time of the Coronavirus pandemic. However, this feature is only available for people who live in Austin and Texas. But it is expected that Google will roll out this feature to more areas very soon. Do you like this new feature of the Google Maps app? Do share your opinion with us in the comment section. We will love to hear your views about the same.